The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Steeve consistently goes above and beyond his role. He always thinks of the patients first for foremost and is always willing to lend a hand. He is helpful, supportive and a team player. I have never met a housekeeper who is as dedicated to his role as he is and the impact his role has on the patients on the ward. He is caring, considerate, flexible and dynamic. When I was working on Lishman unit as an interim measure last year he was the one person I knew I could consistently rely on. He is always willing to be flexible when it comes to the needs of the ward and the patient group but is also proactive in seeing where problems are ahead and is always vocal in how these can be overcome. He is an asset to Lishman unit and I think that as he does this in such a quiet and friendly manner it is sometimes not appreciated what an important and imperative role he plays in the running of the unit. The last year has been challenging for everyone in the health care sector but there were a number of staff changes to the ward and throughout this period of time Steeve continued to deliver an exceptional service both to the patient and staff on the ward. At no time does he moan or shy away from tasks that need to be completed. He is responsive and diligent and a joy to work with