The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The Professional Education and Training Team has gone above and beyond during the last 12 months, inducting over 500 staff to work during the pandemic. Working 7 day weeks consecutively, giving up annual leave, putting family life on the back burner to ensure that all new and existing staff have the skills, knowledge and training to provide the best possible care to our patients. Clinical skills based training was increased 4 fold to manage the huge influx of new staff, inductions were introduced 3 times per week instead of twice per month. The team were the innovators of using QR code registration, evaluation and links to course material to reduce the spread of covid in training areas, and to reduce the use of paper in the team to less than 5%. The whole team has been inspirational in the way it has not only maintained the training provisions in the trust, but has continued to go above and beyond by training staff to deliver vaccinations safely, supporting student nurses to work as band 4 nursing associates. Lee Radford (Deputy Director of Training) has been inspirational in his leadership of the training department in the trust, providing daily and often hourly updates of the ongoing situation within the trust. Staff have also taken on various different roles to ensure that delivery of safe effective care to staff and patients.