The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The transport department at Mersey Care have dealt with an increasing workload throughout the past two years, including taking on work from new sites and having team members shielding. This has been shouldered without complaint (mostly) and with good humour. The extra strain of having to adapt in order to move Covid positive patients and service users coupled with the added stress of the whole pandemic situation has been dealt with so professionally and stoically, that I believe the entire team and especially the manager deserve recognition for their positive outlook and capable Way they dealt with the hugely increased workloads. (Some members of the team doing 70-100 hours extra per month) The entire group have continued to cope manually still as the workload has not decreased significantly