The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Throughout the pandemic the domestic teams in the hospitals and community buildings across the trust have adapted and adjusted to new working patterns and practices quickly, they have achieved a high quality of work, even when staffing levels dropped due to shielding. They never gave up or complained and worked as a team to keep the staff and patients safe. The staff worked together making sure each one of them was supported and showed great loyalty and empathy to their colleagues and the trust, especially when we lost some staff and family due to covid and related conditions. They have cemented the ethos that Mersey Care is not just a NHS trust but a family of like minded hard working people who want the best for all the service users and their colleagues.
Without the Facilities management team more services and buildings would have to have been closed and more infections would have been recorded throughout the trust - they are definitely the unsung heroes of the year