The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Sheila Bekoe is the secretary to one of our locum consultant psychiatrist, but the work she does goes far beyond her role.
At Christmas, Sheila gave up much of her spare time to help struggling BAME families in the Greater Manchester area. All of the families had children and many of the parents had lost their jobs due to covid. Sheila sourced hundreds of items including toys, clothes and learning materials from staff and spent her weekends carefully organising them so that each family she was helping received donations that specifically tailored their needs. She also recruited staff volunteers from across our Trust to help deliver the donations.
In the work place, Sheila also gives up her time to help the organisation’s goals of becoming more inclusive. She is one of the most proactive members of our ‘equality mentoring’ project, whereby members of our Race Equality network mentor members of our board on their lived experiences. Sheila’s input has been recognised directly by the board in helping to identify a number of positive steps we can take forward to bring about change and improvement.
Please click on the documents below to view the supporting documents.
View Document 1