The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Apprentice of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
I wish to nominate Nicola for this award in recognition of her work in the dental service during the Covid 19 pandemic. Nicola has now also stepped up to become Operational Lead of a Mass Vaccination team as well as continuing her leadership apprenticeship.
Nicola was key in supporting the team during the most challenging times, ensuring that health and wellbeing was never forgotten. She led numerous projects during the pandemic including a move to remote prescribing for the dentists and restructuring the work force into functional teams. Nicola was always willing to challenge decisions in a positive way to make sure the service maintained high quality care and the best outcomes for our patients. Nicola's success has been highlighted in the results of the NHS Staff Survey where the dental service received higher than average scores in morale and quality of care. I have seen Nicola grow and develop over the last 14 months and I know she is continuing in her leadership journey with much success in Mass Vaccinations.