The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Apprentice of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Maisie started in her role as an apprentice in July 2020, this was at the height of the Covid Pandemic. It quickly became evident that she was going to be an asset to the team. Maisie continually shows empathy, care and consideration to the Spinal Injury patients. She has a 'can-do attitude' to her work and will assist where she can. Maisie has continually gone above and beyond her job description, assisting with the outpatient reception service and has been integral in the move from face to face to virtual appointments. Maisie has also been involved in typing clinic letters, preparing of reports, photocopying of medico-legal documents. Nothing is too much trouble for Maisie and she is always keen to help her colleagues in the interests of providing outstanding patient care at all times.