The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Mental Wellness Champion
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The Emergency team has worked relentlessly during the pandemic across both sites to keep patients safe. The support from the ED senior management has been exceptional. In the midst of a disgruntled situation, the ED wellbeing team led by Dr. Subba ensured that the staff is listened to - every week two hours are dedicated to staff members as a virtual social meeting. Staff support each other with jokes, laughter, virtual meetings, and planning sports activities on the social whatsapp group. Wellbeing activities are organised impromptu on the shop floor. The debriefing after a distressing resuscitation involves a one-to-one pastoral support from matron and shop floor consultant for nursing staff and doctors respectively. Staff feel supported and valued. We would like to say that tbe ED team is our extended family.