The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Rev. James Grenfell has been very proactive and goes above and beyond his role, especially during the pandemic. He has provided comfort and reassurance to patients and their families during difficult situations, like receiving new diagnosis of cancer, death of a loved one and existential issues of our patients. He is very friendly, responsive and always ready to help and provide spiritual care to patients and families. Despite the pandemic and the possible fear of contracting the virus, he continued to visit the wards to provide emotional support to patients, families and staff, provides spiritual and religious care to the patients per request.