The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Rachel's work has been outstanding during the pandemic. She has kept focused on quality whilst the clinical teams have focused on treating patients on the frontline. She showed resilience when asked to work differently and outside of her comfort zone. She made sure that complaints and incidents were still investigated and answered in a timely fashion. Rachel ensures that themes are identified from complaints and incidents, and these are used as learning points in Urgent Care's bulletins. This year she has been instrumental in not only developing a standardised system of assessing patients when they initially attend our Urgent Treatment Centres, but also providing advice and support during the constant changes that the Urgent Care service has encountered (opening 3 new Urgent Treatment Centres, including one that is integrated with a hospital trust). We honestly could not have maintained our high standards of care without her. She has also helped design and implement a service wide audit programme to ensure that processes are being followed, and that our improving performance is not just based on teams hitting targets/ticking boxes. She is constantly striving for the best quality practice and this is reflected in our improving performance on complaints response. She supports the whole of our service with her knowledge, skills and compassion. We couldn't give such high quality care without her