Corporate ServicesPublic Choice
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The managerial podiatry team consisting of Janette Harper, Linzi Bailey and Aimee Burton for the City of Derby is an exceptional team!
Although faced with fast changing situations due to pandemic- their outlook, their productivity, their empathy, thoughtfulness and kindness shone through in whichever situation they faced. The team retained gold standards as a trust and also delivered podiatry services to the highest standards incorporating great care and understanding.
As an employee working under the managerial team I feel confident ,secure, free to express my thoughts and concerns and also am sure of my progress in my workplace.
In the past year I was faced with death in family due to Corona virus, childcare issues due to pandemic and other health problems. But my managers showed me immense support, to overcome all the hurdles that came through to me. At the same time I felt a valued member of staff, who could balance my home life along with providing my services , and maintaining my job satisfaction level all at the same time.
When I asked them for their view over a new project in podiatry, they welcomed the idea even though themselves were overloaded with Covid commitments. They gave me the freedom and confidence to put forward my view and ideas in order to progress the profession.
They are constantly struggling with numbers of staff and everchanging policies due to pandemic, but they keep their cool and gift us with a warm, friendly, helping and progressive team .
I feel so proud to be working for them and they inspire me to give my very best everyday at work!