The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
I have never had a better boss. Her passion for and dedication to the NHS is only matched by her compassion for and support of her team. She has worked tirelessly, into the n8ght, through the weekends whilst ensuring we did not do the same. She has insisted we all take breaks, made time to check in with us and instilled in us that you can't pour from an empty cup. She is an inspiration and the benchmark for compassionate leadership.
Overwork is not glamourised, standards have not dropped, workloads and pressure have increased but she has pushed back to ensure we weren't stretched too thinly professionally or personally.
She was covering two senior roles and never lost her sense of humour, always made time for her team and voiced her appreciation regularly and loudly!
Communications are not frontline, but we keep the frontline working, informed, supported and meanwhile take the hits from the public and occasionally our own people.
I have no doubt it has been hard, at times a struggle as she is brave enough to share that with us as a team.
She is about to leave us after almost 10 years to take on another challenge in the NHS in Kent.
She deserves and I believe all communications teams deserve recognition for their work throughout the pandemix and I hope she knows how much she is valued and loved by us all.