The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Chia is a young man who volunteered at the height of the pandemic and has done two shifts each week on Covid wards at West Heath Hospital. He has never been late, never complained, always been helpful to our staff and spent time befriending patients and service users. He has gone above and beyond and deserves this accolade. Young volunteers are often overlooked but they hold the key to the future of volunteering and can make a lasting difference to people's lives. It would certainly give Chia a boost in his search for future employment as he develops and builds his career.