The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Michael has health problems and was eligible for shielding away from patients because of this. As we had staff redeployed into other duties such as testing and working on the wards, Michael stayed patient facing treating high risk vascular impaired patients some of whom were covid positive in their own homes to try and keep their foot wounds from resulting in hospitalisation. Michael often started early worked through his lunch and into the evenings to ensure the patients had the best possible care, he never claimed overtime or time back but just did the best he could for his patients. He never blows his own trumpet never tells anyone about what he does and is very much an unsung hero