The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Andy spent every day from February 2020 to July 2020, working to increase oxygen flow throughout the hospital, increasing electrical capacity, and project managing 2 large AHU installations to create isolation bays and rooms for COVID positive patience. In a department full of hard working individuals, Andy has stood out, putting everything for the trust first, be it for his estates colleagues, Operations colleagues, or helping with larger capital projects, defending the trust's needs at every turn. He has worked countless weekends this past year ensuring essential out of hours works could take place, as well as incredibly long days, ensuring projects were delivered to tight clinical timetables.
He made himself available at any time to the hospital Board of Directors who could count on him to deliver even their most difficult requests.