The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Apprentice of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Sheer never-say-no attitude to helping other colleagues with a wide variety of tasks, especially not the most glamourous ones en masse.
Always going above an beyond - i have never seen such a devoted worker willing to stay late at her age of (at the time) 17 - incredible work ethic for such a young age
Always pushing to do more for the team - never resting on her laurels. If finished with something will immediately request more jobs, she is never complacent.
During covid, fearless in her commitment to coming into the office and very rarely working from home. Mentally healthy throughout the pandemic.
Whilst nervous at first, especially when communicating with customers/patients, she showed an unbelievably level of improvement throughout the year.
Topped a well worked year off with a job offer at the end of her apprenticeship, working in the same office, but certainly her work as an apprentice was commendable.
She started a young nervous and apprehensive apprentice and now is a confident and experienced and good quality employee!