The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The Oxford University hospitals sterile services team do a phenomenal job in ensuring that surgical equipment and instrumentation is available as needed in our theatres. This unseen work is essential for all our surgical work. The trust would not be able to function as a modern-day hospital offering surgical treatments if it were not for this service. The team are providing this service for 4 hospitals sites from 3 physical locations with ageing equipment and travel to a 4th contingency site 2 hours away when needed. Recently while we have some of the washers being replaced, they have needed to use the contingency more frequently to provide the manpower and expertise to turn around equipment ready for surgery within 12 hours. They have done this without fail and continue to deliver an excellent service.