Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
THANK-YOU VOLUNTEER GARDENERS
For creating beautiful spaces for us all to enjoy, all year round
Our Volunteer Gardeners are a well established team who have come together through their love of all things gardening! With a collective encyclopaedic knowledge which would do any botanist proud, they truly are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to knowing your weeds from your wisterias
Coming from all walks of life the team is made up of ex-consultants, golf groundsmen, pa’s to CEO’s, midwives, young mums to name a few and come rain or shine they can always be found in the Hospital gardens on a Tuesday morning!
The Volunteer Gardeners felt fortunate during the beginning of lockdown to be able to continue their work in the gardens as being outside was considered a safe place, and they have worked tirelessly to keep all of the outside spaces a colourful and restful space for staff, patients and visitors to the Hospital to enjoy
I wanted to give the Volunteer Gardeners a special mention this month as they work so hard planting, weeding, painting, sweeping, chopping, cutting, dead-heading, watering, feeding, nurturing and smiling and I think you’ll all agree, they do a superb job for us all!
Thank-You One and All! xxx
Please click on the documents below to view the supporting documents.
View Document 1