The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
IT & Digital
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Leslie works within the Trust’s Performance and Information service and played a significant and pivotal role in enabling and supporting the Trust’s successful Covid-19 vaccination programme. Leslie provided the specialist technical expertise by creating an effective solution that supported the Trust in capturing and recording of Covid-19 vaccination details, which were used to support our performance dashboard. This work developed at pace and also served to inform our approaches for managing, scheduling and administering both the 1st and 2nd Covid-19 vaccinations performed across Trust vaccination hubs.
• Instrumental in setting up the Trust’s Covid-19 1st appointment booking system utilising Microsoft technologies and revising the approach for 2nd appointment bookings (pre-defined)
• Providing training to the Covid-19 vaccinations booking team in the use of the systems developed.
• Creation of the Covid-19 vaccination details recording system utilising SharePoint
• Developing appointment schedules for vaccination clinics
• Sending out electronic bookings to staff inviting to book for appointments
• Establishing the reports to inform the Trust’s Covid-19 vaccination programme progress
• Kept the programme and myself as workstream lead appraised of development progress under challenging circumstances and always promptly responding to numerous requests from multiple sources
• Throughout this time, Leslie demonstrated unwavering dedication to these activities, delivering effective solutions and efficient reporting capabilities, always in an assured, calm and professional manner.
All of this was above and beyond his normal day to day duties.