The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Michael is a domestic cleaner for Chesterfield Ambulance Station and goes above and beyond the call of duty every single day for all of the staff members that work there. As we are all aware this year has been an unprecedented one for the NHS & Michael is extremely hardworking and throughout the pandemic has hardly taken a holiday, even working most weekends to make sure that the staff and station are well looked after.
Michael is a well loved member of staff at Chesterfield and everyone who comes onto base knows him and usually shouts 'Mick!!'. Michael loves to help keep the staff moral up by making everyone laugh by telling everyone jokes or showing them a funny video, which all the staff have greatly appreciated throughout the last 18 months especially when the staff have been under so much pressure out on the road.
Michael has worked at Chesterfield for just over 6 years & has shown amazing dedication to the trust, especially over the past 18 months. Michael helps out all the staff in anyway that he can and it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated by any of us.