The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Tracey is our Reception Manager, leading a team of 13 receptionists. Over the last year she has gone far beyond her job description and practice expectations in supporting vulnerable patients. Tracey lead her team in making more than 1500 calls to high risk patients, just checking in to see if they were ok or needed anything, even if what they needed was a chat with another person.
From this simple piece of work, Tracey has now set-up a regular check-in system with a number of patients. These patients do not need medical care, they are simply lonely or isolated. One patient writes to the practice every week, just a chatty letter detailing what is going on in her life. Tracey has encouraged her to post the letter, ensuring that this lady leaves her home at least once a week to visit the postbox.
These patients would be reluctant to access other services, as they would not want to take time or resources from people they think really need it, despite being vulnerable themselves.
Tracey has positively impacted the lives of our patients over the last year and continues to do so by recognising that health and wellbeing are impacted by a kind word, a listening ear and knowing that somebody has made time for you. For many patients, this offers more healing than anything that a doctor could write on a prescription.