The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Mel has always worked tirelessly to make sure that Comms to our teams are effective and meaningful and she does it with a huge smile, massive dose of empathy and compassion and just a sunniness that brightens everyone's day. This has never been more true than during the height of the pandemic; even during the most challenging of times and under enormous pressure, Mel stayed resilient, positive, empathetic, showed kindness to her colleagues and no matter how many deadlines she had, she always had a listening ear, a good cup of tea and an endless supply of biscuits for anyone who needed it! People like Mel are one in a million and as a support function, Communications doesn't get a lot of limelight even though they are such a key part of the backbone of the Trust. Our whole Comms team are wonderful but I think Mel particularly needs to be recognised for just how much she gives, and how much of a difference she makes.