The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Mental Wellness Champion
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
As well as her daily role of Mental Health & Wellbeing Manager Giovanni has set up and supports a team of staff with mental health training called the Time 2 Talk team. Staff within the Trust are able to contact the team via a confidential email and arrange a meeting with one of the T2T volunteers to chat about everything and anything.
The team are there to help, to listen and refer them for any help they may need with their mental wellbeing. She has set up a Talking Tea Trolley where members of the T2T team will go around twice a day to different areas and wards in the trust, providing refreshments to the staff who may not have time to even make themselves a cup of tea, grab a bottle of water or even just grab a biscuit. they are also there just in case someone needs to talk.
Giovanni has also made sure that everyone knows who the team are by providing them all with T Shirts and Lanyards so they can be recognised anywhere throughout the Trust and although staff may not want to go up and see them when they are wearing the shirt, they know that they are there if they ever need us.
Giovanni is a wonderful lady and is so kind to everyone around her. Everyone in the Trust knows her and trusts the select members of the T2T team that she has chosen. She is very respected throughout the Trust and I am extremely proud to be part of her team and her vision to provide help and support to any staff member that needs help, especially through the pandemic. That is why I would like to nominate Giovanni Richards for the Mental Wellness Champion.