The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
I am very proud to nominate Mr. Nice our senior House keeper who works with us as a team supporting all of us in the extent that really he needs appreciation. From the initial time of the current pandemic he makes sure that enough PPEs were available at all times and he doesn't allow to run short even during the weekends even he is off on weekends. He will reserve the PPEs needed for the weekend and will handover the responsibility to one particular person who will be working on that particular days.
During the initial days of pandemic where the COVID numbers were at the peak, he worked beyond his regular duty timings to make sure that all staffs were working comfortably. He will go around each and every corner of the department to make sure that correct infection control practices were followed. Any minute changes or any protocol changes will be communicated to each and every members of the department through mail as well as in person to make sure that no one missed with the latest updates. He is a good team member who gives motivation and support in times of crisis and tough times.
I do remember one time one of our colleagues parents were very sick and that person gone emotionally down as she doen't have any way to reach her country due to pandemic as well as the person was very new to UK. Nice took initiative to support her, guide her and even financially supported her to reach her home to see her parents. In total no words to explain his commitment towards his work and humanity. HE is a person whom we can consider as a good role model to follow. I am so proud to nominate him for this Award.