The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
On the 23rd December 2020, Leesa was informed the staff COVID-19 vaccination program was to begin starting 29th December. She was asked to become the lead for firstly recruiting and then organising and managing of a small admin team to support with the mass vaccination of over 5000 members of internal staff here at Royal Bolton Hospital. Leesa stepped up! She was amazing at gathering enough staff throughout the day, to cover just short of 400 appointments a day. Leesa was the first person there in the morning to open up, and the last person at night making sure the figures were recorded and not a single dose of the precious COVID-19 vaccine was wasted - Also covering reception duties throughout the day. She was absolutely amazing - all of the above tasks were whilst she was managing her own role as Health Records/Outpatient Receptions Manager. With an absolutely amazing team of vaccinators, doctors and admin staff, it was possible to vaccinate all our own staff within just 3 short weeks. The decision was then made to vaccinate another 5000 wider health and social care staff taking the final total to just over 10,000 COVID vaccines within 5 weeks.
Taking a couple of weeks off vaccinating 1st doses, to allow the supply of the vaccine to increase across the country, Leesa and the admin team returned to begin the 2nd dose vaccinations of the same 10,000 people.
Leesa is highly dedicated to her job, looks after her staff with the upmost respect and empathy and completes every task asked of her with a smile.
Please click on the documents below to view the supporting documents.
View Document 1