The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Since the Trust started allowing visitors in the hospital, the team has been very busy scheduling relatives to visit their family. As most of our patients are immunosuppressed, visitors are ask to do a lateral flow test prior to entering the ward. Apart from their normal job, they make sure that relatives are well looked after while waiting for their lateral flow test results. The staff has been working hard making sure patients are safe as well as making sure relatives are informed. It is hard sometimes as they have to face many different personalities and attitudes. But their duty of care to patients is always a top priority. Well done Team G7!!!