The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Irene works her socks off! She is the most dedicated, hardworking, reliable, punctual housekeeper and I couldn't do without her on the ward. Nothing is too much trouble for her patients, she comes in early to ensure patients receive their breakfast on time, she goes the extra mile for patients who do not like what's on the menu, she looks after the staff by bringing in homemade baked goodies every week and she speaks up loud and clear when things aren't right. She will do just about anything you ask her to do, and she does it at super speed! She has superhuman strength and is often found up a ladder or under a bench cleaning and tidying. Irene is an absolute force of nature and our team are so lucky to have her.