Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Since joining the Estate and Facilities Management team at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust in 2019, Facilities Manager Mona Kalsi has developed a reputation amongst her colleagues for being the ‘lady with the teapot’.
During the pandemic, Mona established her office as a refuge for estates staff and colleagues from outside the directorate. Staff still regularly pop in to see her from various departments, to vent, rant, confide and enjoy a cup of tea from her (seemingly bottomless) teapot.
As with many staff, Mona has had more than her fair share of personal issues during the pandemic, but rather than let them consume her, she took the opportunity to find a way to support others who were also struggling. Members of her team regularly ‘pop in for a chat’ about work or personal advice in the safe and welcoming environment she has created.
Of course, the teapot has become something of a talking point, but it's a rare occasion when staff turn down the offer of refreshments. Other Trust staff, including senior managers, can also be found seeking refuge or a few moments of peace in Mona's office and there is no doubt she has helped many employees cope with work and personal pressure over the last 18 months.
As the Facilities Manager, Mona is not only hugely popular and well respected by her teams, but is hardworking, has a strong work ethic and is committed to delivering high quality service. From catering to creating new wards and buildings to security and car parking, Mona and her teams play a vital role in the day to day running of our sites and providing outstanding care for our patients.
Please click on the documents below to view the supporting documents.
View Document 1