The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Shirley makes such a difference to the Oxford Bone Marrow Transplant Team in so many ways. She envelops our team with her warmth, support and good humour and nothing is ever too much trouble for her. She shows great compassion to patients and relatives when talking to them on the telephone and has a wonderful way of putting them at ease.
She always remains extremely calm and supportive in often very stressful times. She is an incredibly steadying influence on the team and is loved and respected by all. This has been particularly evident in the last 18 months when despite the many challenges of Covid, Shirley has maintained very high standards and has been a key player in keeping the Bone Marrow Transplant service functioning safely throughout the pandemic, allowing our patients to continue with their treatment.
Not only does she keep our patient pathways running smoothly, she also finds time to look after the team by remembering birthdays and organising cards and cake for staff members, running Christmas and Easter quizzes (virtually this year), Football and Strictly Come Dancing sweepstakes and much more to keep staff connected and morale high.
She is an amazing role model and is always ready to share her knowledge and guide others. Despite her busy workload, she is always looking for ways to improve areas of the service to benefit others. She epitomises our Trust values of excellence, compassion, respect, delivery, learning and improvement.
Shirley is a true gem and we feel so lucky to work alongside her.