The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Our research governance and trial assistants have worked tirelessly over the last 15monts supporting our clinical medical colleagues by enabling them to open and set up urgent public health research, in addition to stepping into new roles to provide essential research study support, these were challenging and new tasks that they needed to learn within days and hours. They have ensured that our patients were kept safe and informed while studies were halted but also continuing to keep them informed. This group of colleagues have been the oil in the the wheel that has allowed our Trust to receive national praise and recognition in its effort to contribute to urgent COVID research delivered by our nursing and medical colleagues. Research has been critical during this pandemic and a team like this has made a massive contribution to that end. The governance team worked over and above their role to get studies open in rapid time and provide additional support, mentoring to other colleagues to allow staff to be released. The clinical assistants have collected safety data in urgent time that ensured the safety and quality of research. The agility and flexibility of the team has meant working differently and testing new roles, tasks and responsibilities.