The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
In May 2021, after the Portsmouth Hospitals Charity Shop had been closed for 14 months, the volunteers dusted off their stock and took the shop ‘al fresco’ to continue trading within government guidelines and raise much needed funding for Portsmouth Hospitals Charity.
The volunteers give up their time every week and many have been doing so for over 10 years, this shows great loyalty and work ethic especially as they give their time freely. They have been very resilient throughout the pandemic, helping to collect stock and thinking of ways to get things moving again. Now they are running the shop two days a week, which is weather dependent, but they are also keen to push on with some windy weather if it means raising those extra pounds for the Hospital. The two days a week is currently raising approximately £2,000 a month, something which would not have happened if the volunteer hadn’t shown their generosity, kindness and resilience for staff and patients. The feedback from patients and staff is that it is great to see the shop and volunteers return.
We are very grateful for all the volunteers have done to rebuild the shop in a different way when we have not managed to return to some sense of normality yet. Thank you so much for all their support and dedication to Portsmouth Hospitals Charity and to helping enhance patient care and support staff welfare.