The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Apprentice of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Lauren works as a Logistics Assistant in the Procurement and Logistics Team and has epitomised the dedication and commitment of the entire team throughout the pandemic, ensuring that from day one of the Trust's response to the pandemic all staff (not only front line) have been supplied with sufficient levels of Personal Protective Equipment.
We operate out of limited warehouse space and despite sizable deliveries has ensured the space has been utilised effectively and managed the relationship with partners who we share the warehouse with us.
On a daily basis she has ensured stock for all vehicles is ready to be distributed eliminating delays and targeting critically low areas of supply. She regularly ensures pinch areas are flagged by effectively managing the inventory management system, ensuring additional equipment is sourced as a matter of urgency.
She has worked additional hours at very short notice, regularly coming in at weekends to take delivery of additional stock. She has not once complained and demonstrates the values of the Trust . Without her the response of the team to the demands of the Trust would be far less effective.
(We are waiting for an up to date picture of Lauren - please can we forward this on to you?)