The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Joanne is the Lead for the Blackpool Teaching Hospitals, Staff Disability and Long Term Conditions Network. Over the last 12 months she has grown the network from 0 - nearly 70 members. She has been regularly providing, advice, guidance, support and advocacy for our workforce above and in addition to her day job.
Although she is a member of the DLTC and is managing her full time job at the same time as managing her own long term conditions, she always makes time for colleagues and puts everyone else first before herself.
She is selfless and extremely passionate about improving the lives of our workforce who manage disabilities and long term conditions.
She is always positive and always has a smile on her face. Her tireless work ensures that Network members are able to make their voices heard. Examples of work being done:
- BTH Health and wellbeing passport.
- Freedom to Speak up guidance
- Training opportunities for members
- Support for health permit car parking for staff
- Guidance on reasonable adjustments including contributions to a guide for managers.
- Welcome Breakfast Induction sessions for new staff alongside other services to ensure new staff are aware of the network.
Plus many more.
As Jo's deputy, she provides an enormous amount of support to me. Even if it's a cuppa and a chat. 10 minutes with Jo turns a challenging day into a lovely one.