The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
This nomination is to recognise the work Jo has done in her role as Chair of our network for staff with disabilities and long term conditions - Jo does this work alongside her full time busy day job as Medical Devices Nurse Specialist.
Jo is the inaugural Chair of this network which has only been in place for a year but in that time the network has quickly grown in size and reach. When we reached out for a volunteer to chair this network Jo stepped up without hesitation and has taken it from strength to strength so that we have a regular monthly meeting with key note speakers and time for members to discuss any emerging issues.
Jo also makes herself available to offer support advice and signposting for any member of staff with a disability or long term condition - this is often in her own time and her kind caring nature, listening ear and confidential approach is always valued by our staff. Jo has helped individuals access support in work to enable them to continue in their role - important for the individual concerned in terms of confidence and self worth and for the organisation in terms of retaining and valuing our staff.