The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Within an Urgent Treatment Centre that is growing from week to week in attendances, the team continues to provide a professional and caring service. As the first faces that the patient sees no matter how bad the day is the patient is greated as though they are the most important.
The admin team are the glue that holds the department together. They know exactly what needs doing and anticipate actions before they are asked. They ensure patients are escalated from the front desk if they are concerned, they help the patients navigate the health care systems and ensure timely referrals are communicated efficiently.
They have embraced change on a regular basis, especially during the strep A outbreak last winter, having to quickly move reception from one waiting room to another to enable more clinical space. They learn new systems and alternative ways of working with enthusiasm and constructive feedback.
Overall they are resilient, supportive and very valued members of the team.