Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Sarah has been working at Velindre Cancer Centre, for over 23 years, mainly in the Clinical Coding dept. She is a walking ray of sunshine, and not only helps her fellow colleagues in our department ,but she brightens up everybody's day that she comes across at work. Although we don't work directly with patients. she often stops to speak and help anyone that she sees, and will go out of her way to make sure everyone's ok. Despite her own challenges at home, she never fails to bring a smile to anyone's face, and always puts her colleagues and patients first. She's also, along with a son, a keen fundraiser for the Hospital, and often takes time out of her weekends, to raise money. Sarah, has often said, that Velindre isn't just a workplace, it's like a second home, and her work mates, and patients are like family! After working here for so long, she has many friends in most departments, and I know each and every on of them would agree that Sarah more than deserves this award!