The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Maureen is one of the housekeeper in Hayworth Ward, part of her job is to ensure that are we are well stocked for the things that we need, and order them if needed. In these past few months, Maureen has had to sometimes step in to help with activities for the patients as well due to staffing issues.
Maureen is incredibly dedicated to her work, if there's something she can't get through eprocurement, she'll personally find it or go to the store for it. For example, we've had some difficulty getting fit test stool sample bottles as it's not available via the usual route. Maureen researched where to get this, spoke to different wards, and at one point, even took time out of her day after work to go to A&E to find out about how to get this.
She cares for the patients holistically, making sure that we order cakes for their birthdays etc. Her job involves liaising with the whole MDT to get what the different teams need, and she does this very well.
Maureen clearly cares about the patients, and goes above and beyond to assist the clinical team in being able to provide holistic care for patients.