The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
I have been working with SLAM on/off 10-years. My most recent incarnation began just before COVID where we went 'remote' and our duties shifted (to me now doing on-call work too). Since this time i have had to liaise with switchboard numerous times. Any time i land on Alan he is professional whilst warm. In his duties compiling our on-call duties he has on occasion caught issues and flagged them, which is outside of his remit. He is always friendly, sometimes humorous (needed amidst some of the heaviness) and completes a very necessary role that i feel goes unsung repeatedly. So i nominate ALan for his years of SLAM support at the switchboard!