The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Paul is only of SlaM's librarians. He provides weekly tailored literature updates to those interested, as well as taking care of the Trust Library. The area in which he excels, and which appears to remain unrecognised, are the spectacular literature searches and summaries that he provides to facilitate both high quality patient centred care, but also to inform possible research projects and other patient care related projects. He provides these in a considered, careful, knowledgeable and timely fashion, taking a real interest in the topic and often going above an beyond the remit given to ensure that he has provided the most comprehensive information possible. When the Trust does not have direct access to the relevant publications, he will hunt them down across the country to make sure he can provide whatever is requested, and does so with care and good humour. No request is too big or too small, and he is always ready to help and offer advice to help tailor a request or guide how best to get the right information. I have found his efforts, guidance and assistance over the years to be invaluable. He is an unsung hero in our Trust and deserves recognition for what he does.