The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
CASCAID is a specialist mental health team in South London, supporting people living with HIV where it impacts their mental health. Kelly is the Business Manager in the team but this job title doesn't do justice to how amazing she is. She has worked in the team for two decades and is, quite honestly, the backbone - without her we would not function nearly as effectively as we do.
Kelly is often the first point of contact with the team and her caring, thoughtful approach with our clients definitely helps enable meaningful engagement. She has an extraordinary memory and can remember so much information about people who have been referred to our service over the years. This helps us with formulating assessments, care plans and risk assessments to ensure that we can work in a person-centred way. Kelly will also add a pragmatic view point in our discussions and make sure that we are offering the best possible care to our clients.
Kelly is a patient member of the team and will go above and beyond her role to support her colleagues. She has initiated a number of projects to improve the team including peer-support groups, Trust-wide teaching and training and to support new staff joining the team. She manages the diaries of many members of the team and makes sure they are where they need to be, with whom they are meant to be with and on time!
Despite being this powerhouse, Kelly is incredibly modest and downplays the role she has in the team. It would be great to see the work she does acknowledged in a bigger arena.