The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Peter has been volunteering for the community resuscitation team since 2015 where he specifically supports us in helping to monitor, maintain hundreds of defibrillators across the north west footprint. Peter helps and supports local businesses, charities groups and organisations to place defibrillators; offering advice, training and ongoing support, even after the use of a defibrillator. Peter has trained hundreds of people in emergency life saving skills along with educating them on the need and usage of a defibrillator. Nothing is too much trouble for him; he'll travel miles out of his area to assist communities with their defibs and is always there to help repatriate used defibrillators back to their locations, ensuring the defib can be made available again for use without delay. Our team is a small dedicated team to volunteers within the North West ambulance service, and Peter goes above and beyond to make our lives easier. Peter continued to work with us even during the pandemic, putting everyone else first and adapting his assistance where it was needed. We honestly would be incredibly stuck without him!