Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Yvonne is my medical secretary in Rheumatology, I am one of a few people Yvonne supports. Yvonne’s support is priceless, to ensure we can focus on our jobs. When my previous secretary retired, Yvonne happily took on supporting me, despite being at full capacity already. She goes out of her way to ensure she comes up with ideas to support us. I needed to complete patient feedback exercise recently for my appraisal, and Yvonne was instrumental is helping figure out an efficient way of collecting the information. Nothing is too much for Yvonne, and she is super-speedy in getting things done. Letters are typed promptly, sometimes within minutes of me seeing patients! This ensures we communicate timely with GP’s about the patients’ consultations, which means patients are cared for effectively. Yvonne practices the Leeds Way (patient centred, fair, collaborative, accountable and empowered), ensuring we provide the best care for our patients.
Yvonne has effective interpersonal skills, she interacts equally efficiently, whatever the rank of staff, or patients, and demonstrates empathy and kindness towards everyone. Yvonne recognises the importance of timely communication and management for patients, and would often act on tasks straight away even when she is off work or on leave. Her dedication to ensuring patients are well looked after is second to none.
Yvonne has been a very effective medical secretary, with admirable work ethics, and resilience to support a very busy team. I highly recommend Yvonne for the Unsung Hero Award, as she truly is, because as a hero – she makes all our lives, including patients, so much better!