Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Jason joined the NHS in December 2022 and soon wanted to do something extra to promote the Trust Values and promote wellbeing and joy amongst his hard working NHS colleagues.
In February 2023 the NHS Power Choir was born, now in November the choir has grown to over 40 members.
Jason works tirelessly for this group each week devising tracks, creating parts, advertising the choir, creating learning methods. dealing with press and organising events for us to sing at, his energy at rehearsals helps us non singers relax and he is always looking for ways for us to project and promote our sound.
And then there are the events firstly Jason got us to sing at the NHS Staff Awards in July where he prepared us to sing two songs and then his belief saw that and raised that in December where the choir is booked to sing at the Horton Children's Ward, The Buckingham Winter Fair, The Katharine House Lights of Love event, singing at Katherine House for the patients and finally he has single handed organised a Christmas Concert
This concert has been a huge effort with venue, light, sound, tickets, promotion all to be done and Jason has embraced it all with food and snacks for the event donated by local businesses and now over 700 people confirmed to come and see the Choir sing, the whole concert is tied back to the NHS and will see a slide show celebrating the 75 years of the NHS as the choir perform and the concert being broadcast back to the patients in the hospital via Radio Horton.
As well as this Jason runs the choir at Katherine House for the Patients and their carers and is about to start a choir at Sobell house, finally Jason volunteers his time as a Freedom to Speak up Champion for the Trust.