The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Year after year, Anita provides quick, calm, good-humoured and timely knowledgeable responses and wise advice to the multiple payroll requests made of her. She is completely reliable and goes way beyond what is required, advising on how to navigate systems that don't speak to each other, problem-solving like a modern-day Holmes to make sure people actually get paid what they should; that leavers forms, staff change forms etc are completed so the Trust doesn't lose money.
When you go to Anita with a query, you know you're going to get the best advice and resolution. Just talking with Anita takes the stress out of what can be potentially stressful situations.
I've lost count of the number of times she's gone that bit further to make sure that staff who might not get paid what they should because of some error or other actually receive an emergency payment on time.
She makes working at SLaM a much better, easier place. It's people like Anita that SLaM is built on.