The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
While Security were in the Department of ED we heard raised voices coming from inside a side room on checking was a known female patient to Security who has a number of attendances requesting for Metal Health Assistance where on this occasion she made a serious attempt to self-harm involving a ligature around her neck which had to be cut away. We were informed the reason for this was she had been discharged and was not happy. The female then walked from the department while staff attempted to see what could be done since she had been discharged prior to this incident. Security followed where she ran to the top floor of the Hospital Car Park when we followed where she then sat on the edge of the Car Park barrier and again tied a ligature around her neck she was making threats to jump so while struggling to breath Security managed to grab hold of the female and pulled her to safety while the ligature was again removed. The female was persuaded to return where a further assessment was done and admittance was given to the female.