The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Since the late 90's, Ms Smith has been deeply involved in managing the multi-disciplinary team CASCAID, which has supported several central and south London centres of care with mental health support for HIV positive patients. The service has often been innovative, challenging and multi-pronged; Ms Smith has been the rock upon which generations of clinicians and their patients stood whilst their care was delivered. Ms Smith has excellent rapport with patients, an ability to work with clinicians from different professions and backgrounds, maintain records and team procedures to ensure consistent service delivery and a level of patience and dedication uncommon this side of Heaven. Her prodigious memory ensures that clients who have been seen in the service for several episodes of care are remembered developmentally; Ms Smith is their historical memory and new CASCADians can rely on her to help construct "sown-up" care, rather than bitty isolated interventions. Ms Smith remembers everyone's birthday, organises cards and good-bye parties, glues the social fabric of the team together and makes it a place to which trainees often return after the end of their training. She advocates for patients and during Covid she was instrumental in ensuring that many did not go hungry. We often tell her how important she is to us but this award would make sure she can never forget !