The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Admin & Clerical
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Our admin team have been working under significant pressures over the last 12 months to continue to support a very busy clinical service. They have been exceptionally flexible taking on new roles and responsibilities they had previously not experienced while continuing to provide between them an amazing service. They have done this by going the extra mile proactively taking on extra training to alleviate the pressures on the ward staff. Specialist Palliative Care can be a challenging experience in itself and being part of clinical meetings experiencing first hand the very sad experiences our patients and their relatives face each day is an emotional burden they must also take on. They have managed with great resilience showing empathy and kindness when interacting with our patients and relatives. They are involved in delivering bereavement care directly to families and often have a significant part to play in medical emergencies without the training or support the nursing team have. Our admin staff are a hugely important part of the team and very much "on the coal face" quickly resolving stressful situations without truly appreciating just exactly what they are doing and for this we are very grateful for the CARE they provide to both staff and patients they are our unsung hero's and we could not manage without them.