The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Estates & Ancillary
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Our team of domestics have been working under significant pressures over the last 12 months to continue to support a very busy clinical service. They have shown an exceptional level of resilience at a time of great change to their management structures and employment. They have done this by going the extra mile at every possible opportunity to make the patient experience the best it can possibly be and bringing laughter and fun to the bedside each day. They initiate and participate in many ward based celebrations making these days truly special often including fancy dress! Specialist Palliative Care can be a challenging experience in itself and being part of the team experiencing first hand the very sad experiences our patients and their relatives face each day is an emotional burden they must also take on. They have managed this with great compassion showing empathy and kindness when interacting with our patients and relatives. They are involved in delivering bereavement care directly to families by being a listening ear and often have a significant part to play in medical emergencies without the training or support the nursing team have. The standard of cleanliness in our department is excellent and often reflected in patient feedback. Our domestic staff are a hugely important part of the team and deliver so much care without truly appreciating just exactly what they are doing and for this we are very grateful they are our unsung hero's and we could not manage without them.