The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Volunteer of the year
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
The pharmacy department would be lost without our volunteers. They go above and beyond, walking miles and miles each day to deliver critical medicines all over the hospital. Nothing is ever too much to ask and they always have a smile on their face!
In particular the work Stuart, Phil and Roger have done with helping us implement a new returns process, meaning they collect the returns boxes from the wards rather than a member of the pharmacy team. This has stream lined the process tremendously and has meant pharmacy staff can focus on actually returning the medicine. Stuart helps the other volunteers by creating information posters on how a task can be carried out for any other volunteers coming into the department on an ad hoc basis.
Their help is fundamental to our service running smoothly and we are forever grateful for all the pharmacy volunteers.