The Only National Awards For Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS Staff & Volunteers
Individual or Team Nomination?
In these challenging times, nominators were asked to show how the nominee had demonstrated the following qualities:
- Exceptional work ethic - going above and beyond their job description, especially in the past 12 months.
- Outstanding achievement/s in work or outside of the organisation where relevant.
- Drive for innovation and proactive leadership in these challenging times.
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as kindness, empathy, loyalty and thoughtfulness to staff and patients.
- A resilience considering Covid to their role and to the health and wellbeing of their colleagues.
Nominee's story :
Jane is absolutely amazing at her role and is inspirational every day. Her dedication to working for carers is unrivalled and her lived experience and personal circumstances have given her so much knowledge. She is incredibly empathetic and puts her all into everything she does.
Jane runs our Trust's Staff Carers Together support group, which gets amazing feedback and helps so many of our staff who are also carers in their personal lives. Jane is so passionate about improving the work conditions for our staff carers and has championed a staff carers passport, so that staff carers have a way of communicating their needs with their managers.
In her role as Triangle of Care lead, Jane has motivated our teams to work more with carers and improve partnership and collaborative working. She always goes above and beyond to support our teams and our carers. In Carers Week, Jane ran a Carers storytelling event, which was incredibly powerful and moving. Her empathy, ability to listen and to support others shines through and Jane always makes people feel comfortable.
She is passionate about Carers rights and has also run a Carers Rights education event to help educate and support carers, which was a successful event.
Jane also runs our Carers leads network and works tirelessly to ensure that information is shared and that our staff and teams are kept informed about events and ways to work better with carers.
Jane is a shining star and deserves all the recognition for the wonderful work she does.